Monday, July 24, 2006

Pregnancy Symptoms


Now that I am so far in this first trimester (HA! the journey is only beginning), I thought I would give you a run down of how I am feeling.

I am feeling GREAT!!!!

My biggest complaint would be my broken boobs. I swear that they are broken. I also believe that they have grown and turned into bricks. They are so heavy and hard that I wake up in the night hurting from laying on them. Hugs are a no no and so is Itsy sitting on my chest. My greatest fear about my body and this pregnancy is that my boobs will get so big that you will only see them and never my belly. My mom jokes that Grumps will have to walk beside me and hold them up. God and I had a moment last night. I begged Him to keep them at a normal size. Right now I am on the edge of normal and HUGE!!! I know, that is a vain request, but seriously who wants to buy a bra in a letter at the end of the ABC's?

I am tired. I just want to lay around in bed. Which I have been doing since my family left. I even took a very short nap yesterday.

HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!!! I could eat this house if I would let myself. I eat and get full. An hour later I am ready to eat again. But you would all be very proud of me. I have been eating veggies and fruit more than anything else. I know many woman take on the idea that you can eat anything you want while you are pregnant. That might be true for some, BUT I have a feeling if I do that, I will be a HOUSE by the end of it all.

Here is Grumps' thoughts on my hunger and desire to eat:

"Sunny, when I get hungry like I am going to die, I just don't give in to it. I hold that hungry over until dinner time. You don't need to eat an hour before dinner. You can have some self control"

Here was my response:

"GRUMPS, WHO HAS THE BABY GROWING IN THEIR BELLY? WHO HAS A PLACENTA GROWING AND FLUID BUILDING? WHO HAS A BABY WITH ORGANS FORMING AND ARMS AND LEGS GROWING? I DON'T THINK IT IS YOU!"

Needless to say, I got out my pregnancy book that I just bought and showed him pictures. He was shocked. I then read to him about the need to eat and the hunger that will drive you nuts. He shut up after that. :)

I am having NO morning sickness or afternoon sickness or evening sickness. I am sure it could come since I am still very early but as of right now I feel great. I do get that blah feeling sometimes but I eat something small and drink a big glass of water. Water is my friend since wine left me a few weeks ago.

Lastly I think I am getting bigger. I don't want to yet. It is very early but my clothes are uncomfortable. It didn't help that my clothes were beginning to get that way before this little decided to move in. But this is where Grumps is super sweet. A few times a day, Grumps lifts my shirt and stares at my belly. He says, "Is it getting bigger yet?" Then he smiles. Yesterday he lifted my shirt and said, "Wow, I really think it is getting bigger! Your belly is growing! I can see it!" I am ready for the belly but really don't care for the "I am pregnant but look fat" stage!

Fingers crossed that feeling GREAT will last a LONG TIME!

*D this picture is for you!

5 comments:

hot lips said...

Were you on fertility drugs? I know you kept mentioning drugs, Lupron? Anyway, I don't know about this stuff so you gotta help me out. The only reason I ask is because I'm trying to decide if I should prepare myself for multiples or not.

Anonymous said...

Ummm, yea you do need to prepare ...(says the mom of IVF twins!!)

Sunny, get ready for boob issues galore!! It'll keep on going throughout your pregnancy, and should you decide to breastfeed, it'll get even crazier.

But these are all such good problems to have!!!!

Iris said...

Love the belly picture. Can't wait to see the 8 week pic.

southern peach said...

I am still just over the moon with happiness for you guys! Glad that you won out on the hunger thing he he. I have an appetite like that and I am not pregnant! LOL It was too sweet reading about how Grumps looks at your belly :) I am keeping you guys in my prayers...easy pregnancy and healthy baby :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Although I don't know you, I'm still happy for you.

With my pregnancies, if I didn't eat when my body told me to, I would get very sick - eat but be healthy.