Saturday, September 06, 2008

3 Little Ones


I left all of you hanging with my HUGE SWOLLEN ovaries and the info of my many eggs. I guess I should fill you in.

I transferred on Wednesday with my substitute husband, D! I got the call from my sweet doctor that morning letting me know 4 had made it. One embryo was really good. 2 were good. They all had slowed in growth. The rest were growing but turning abnormal. The decision was made to transfer 3.

We arrived in Scaryville with D and I making sure everyone knew we were best friends, not lovers for a second time. When they called my name we went into the other waiting room. The nurse said, YOU (that would be me) sit here. Sir (that would be D) sit here. She then looked up and realized D was not a sir but a mam. EVERYONE was laughing. She was so embarrassed. It was a priceless moment.

We are then moved into the transfer room. I had been nervous all night and morning. My fear was nothing would make it for transfer. Here is where the cool stuff began. The transferring doctor was my retrieval doctor. It is wonderful to see a familiar face in the Big office. They were very kind to explain everything. Making sure I could see my little ones get 'dropped' into my insides. At that moment my breath caught. It wasn't sperm like the before IUIs. It was LIFE!!!! I began to pray out loud while the other ladies in the room began to cheer the little ones on. It was so moving.

Everyone left (of course before they left I told jokes about my good luck not shaving look and the many shirts I will make if I get pregnant and have a little one. I also said my little one will fear Aunt D because she was there when the little life was created AND when the little life was placed inside mom.) and D began to pray for the little ones to live and thrive and be. As she is praying the amazing embryologist comes in with my CUTE picture. She is tearing up watching D pray with her hands on my belly. She then says how special this was for her. She not only helped transfer them but inseminated them. She said it never happens that way. Too many perfects.

Of course it all ended with D and I at Cheeburger Cheeburger for yummy food. I finally made it home to rest in bed with my heating pad. My ovaries were still grapefruit sized, pushing my uterus up. Now we wait.

I am trying very hard to stay grounded yet stay full of faith and hope. So many are praying for life. I can't thank everyone enough for the emails, txts, phone calls, cards, fruit, food, shots, rides, dog babysitting, millions of offers to help... Grumps finally returned home to view the photo of what he missed. I am now ready to be pampered. HE OWES ME!!!!

19 comments:

LJ said...

I am so glad D went with! Grumps TOTALLY owes you!

AwkwardMoments said...

lots of prayers for you. Enjoy being pampered

HereWeGoAJen said...

Gorgeous pictures! I hope we get to see what they grow up to look like. :)

Rose said...

All I can say is AWE-SOME!

Jendeis said...

Praying for you, Grumps and the little ones. Hoping it works this time.

PCOSMama said...

Wow, that is so awesome! Extra prayers being sent your way!

Cynthia said...

Good luck!!! :-) Keep us all posted!!

Jo said...

It's so great to see this update. I've been sitting on my hands waiting for you.. :)
Praying hard in Canada!!!

C said...

You totally deserve the pampering, so enjoy it while you can:-)

Good luck and you're in my thoughts.

Unknown said...

Every time I see this picture I get all teared up. Thinking of and praying for you and the little ones constantly.

Somewhat Ordinary said...

Love the pictures! I'm always amazed by them and think it is so cool that when kids get older they can have a momento of their earliest days. Not many people can see themselves as cells!

Best wishes!!!!!

Monica said...

very, very cool story. thinking and praying like crazy.

Meghan said...

Beautiful transfer story! Praying right along with you.

Anonymous said...

Good Luck! I'm thinking of you! (When is your beta?)

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Goosebumps when I opened your blog and saw your three "Little ones" at the top of the page :) Praying with many others that all goes beautifully and you are blessed with Faith, Hope and Grace in your arms next Spring!! Take care, rest, and stay close to the Lord :) He definitely has his arms around you and Grumps :)

Love ya, See ya soon :)

Anonymous said...

Keeping everything crossed for you. Big hugs!

Twice Blessed said...

Sunny, you're very fortunate to have such a good friend in D. I'm sure it meant a lot to her to be able to be there with you. I'm praying for you and your little ones. I saw you at church on Sunday but you were in deep conversation with someone and I didn't want to interupt to introduce myself...I'll look for you next week. Pamper yourself..get a mani/pedi and relax.

Wordgirl said...

Oh Sunny,

I am thinking good thoughts for you!


XO

Pam

Anonymous said...

praying for you and the little ones!