Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My Big Ones

Oh it is so much fun being a teacher. Today a mom of a previous student stared me down on my way into the lunch room. I knew what she was thinking. "Is she pregnant?" We waved and I quickly moved on. This is the lady who gave me a fertility book saying it would bring me good luck.

During the class bathroom break she hunted me down. You won't believe what came out of her mouth. It really makes me laugh just thinking about it. She moved in really close and said, "MAN your BOOBS are HUGE! Is there something you want to tell me?" I am surrounded by little 7 year olds. I want to laugh my head off. Instead I say, "It's the hormones. We are still trying." My favorite response EVER comes next. "I have a flutter and goosebumps. It is going to happen. I feel it." She then kisses me on the cheek and whispers how she will pray.

I LOVE how all big things in life happen because of a flutter and goosebumps. I must have missed that a long time ago. HAHAHAHHA!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still...really sweet. :)

AwkwardMoments said...

well, I am hoping she is very right!

In Search of Morning Sickness said...

While that's nosy and a really wacky comment, I can only hope and pray for your treatment!

Leah said...

I desperately hope she is right. But she should lay off the boob comments in front of the 7 year olds. sheesh!

This feels like the l-o-n-g-e-s-t 2ww, I swear. Maybe it's because I'm on high alert with you and Bean both waiting, but I'm so excited I'm about to burst. Please oh please oh please oh please...

xoxo

Rose said...

I love how you categorized this under stupid people.

I have some very serious advice for you:

Elevate Legs

Go on a Vacation

Take some herbs

Don't think about it.

Easy enough? K, then you'll be pregnant, thanks to me.

(okay, I really hope that you know I'm kidding!)

LJ said...

Enjoy the Tatas! may they only grow!

Meghan said...

What a crazy lady--I don't think I could ever comment on someone's boobs that I don't know. And I love that she is the one who gave you your good luck book--you sleep with it under your pillow every night, right??

I do hope she's right though...

and ha...the word verfiication has boob in it ;)

HereWeGoAJen said...

People always guessed that I was pregnant ALL THE TIME, so eventually some of them had to be right. It was so annoying.

C said...

I hope she's right, truly and honestly, I do.

I also think I missed the whole "if you have goosebumps you're right" class:-)