Friday, February 08, 2008

Just Shoot Me!

Man I hate how long I have left you all hanging. Like you wait for every update! I have been so busy with work, shots in the belly, monitoring, and SICK that blogging has been on the back burner. Actually, I have wanted to blog so bad but by the time I get into bed with my laptop (Oh so romantic) all I want to do is check my email and watch tv.

Today was one of my worst days teaching in a good chunk of time. I have sent 2 kids to the office in the past 2 days. That is more than my entire 9 years of teaching. I am at a loss for the behavior in my classroom. Of course the mom of one of the kids thinks I suck so she wants a conference with the assistant principal, counselor and me. Thank God I have kept at least the counselor involved in all of this. I wish I could go into more detail but it all just SUCKS being me right now.

Of course my IUI is next week along with the 100th day of school, staff meeting, 2 conferences, GT crap (wanting to use a much harsher word), and stupid Valentines day. I am sure there is something else mixed in with all of that. Oh maybe it is Grumps working Vday evening due to the 'timing' of our IUI.

Well being a teacher is a joy, can't you tell? Seriously if you want my job IT IS YOURS! On top of the behavior issues I get a conversation of THIS at least once a week. Enjoy!

*Mrs. Grumps are you going to lay a baby? (yep you heard me, lay a baby! There are 10 pregos at work. My kids are obsessed!)

*I laugh and say, NOPE, no laying a baby here!

*Then my obnoxious kid asks how long I have been married.

*10 years.

*He replies with, "MY GOSH you should have had a baby by now. What is the problem? When are you going to have a baby?!

*My reply, after dealing with parents and sending kids to the office, "When God gives me my miralce." (I don't care if I say 'God' in a public school. In fact one of the kids was like, "Oh my gosh she said 'god!' Oooooooo)

*Then one girl, who I was going to say was sweet but in fact is a brat said, "Guys, even if God doesn't give her a baby, at least she has Itsy to love her. She is like her child."

My friend is listening to all of this flabbergasted. Her heart is broken and just doesn't know what to say. All I can do is laugh at the sweetness of children. The world is not only NOT seen in race but also not in IF terms with children!

I haven't forgotten about my stupid people post! It will come!

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense. I have enjoyed my night being PISSED in my beer with my good friend and Grumps! Fat food and drinks RULE!

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Oh, Sunny. I can so relate.

I was teaching (in a country that prized fertility even more than here) when we were going through IF. The innocent questions were the hardest because I couldn't lash back in anger.

Hope things pick up for you by V-Day.

HereWeGoAJen said...

I was wondering where you were!

I was a teacher too. I taught at a horrible school. Like, oh my goodness horrible. Oh, the parent teacher conferences I had. After some I just went home and cried. Don't take it personally. Parents like to blame the teacher so that they don't have to blame themselves.

Mrs. Collins said...

Oh I hate those meetings!!! Jen's right, they just want someone to blame. Just bring in all your documentation. I'm sorry that all this crap is happening around your procedure. Dare I ask if you are tense/stressed because of it so things that would normally not affect you as much seem more difficult?

We send students to the office all the time!! Just last week our school went on lockdown because two non-students came on campus with a gun to get revenge against one of our students who is in a gang. Joy Joy.

Let it go....

I'm thinking about you.

Joannah said...

Sounds like we're having a similar crappy year of teaching. I empathize with you.

Good luck with your IUI!

Meghan said...

Ugg...sorry you've had such a crappy week. So with you on kids being out of control lately, we just had to suspend one of ours..and it takes quite a bit to get suspended from a special ed school!

Hope things start looking up and I hope the counselor and AP have your back, I just hate when administrators bow to parent pressure...gets me so crazy.

Good luck with the IUI this week...and with everything else

(still looking forward to to the stupid people post)

Pamela T. said...

We can't shoot you. We enjoy you and your company too damned much. But, ugh, I see why the beer was necessary.