Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Bookstore

The other day Grumps and I went to one of the big chain bookstores. I LOVE BOOKS! But I hate big bookstores. I get lost. I feel overwhelmed. I don't even know where to begin my journey.

I hit the front displays. I browse through the sale items. I move onto the recent paperbacks. I find myself walking through the mysteries. Next is the self helps. Finally the 'naughty' books.

Well today I did my usual walk. I found a couple of maybe books. I decided to be naughty early on during my walk. I didn't last long there. There was some gross guy following me and standing nearby. No thank you! I ended up at the fertility section. Guess what I found? Yep I found a miscarriage book right next to a Get Pregnant Naturally book. I almost threw up in my mouth and then spewed it in laughter. I couldn't wait to run and tell Grumps. Who thought of that mix? But it didn't surprise me. That right there is an infertile's life. STUPID!

By the way, I ended up buying one of those mystery books. I carried it over to the big stuffed chairs to read a bit. I actually fell asleep. THEN I found the nasty man sitting close by with his own naughty book taking notes. I got up to leave after that. It was just too much for one night!

4 comments:

Mrs. Collins said...

I commented once to this post already but it vanished, so if it re-appears, please delete:


eewwww I need to shower now! Gross creepy guy!

AwkwardMoments said...

OH ...WEEEIRD ..creeepy MAN

Anonymous said...

My lil sister works for a large chain bookstore (Fill in the blank: Taco Bell - Make a run for the __________) and she has had plenty of stories about creepy male customers, especially the ones who linger in the Erotica section. Very creepy.

tracey said...

our friend A who used to work at a chain bookstore in MO has great stories about creepy bookstore people including her own personal "Elizabeth" stalker. now i'm going to rinse in purell.