Thursday, February 23, 2006

I Will Listen

Hard as it seems
Standing in dreams
Where is the dreamer now
Wonder if I
Wanted to try
Would I remember how
I don't know the way to go from here
But I know that I have made my choice
And this is where I stand
Until He moves me on
And I will listen to His voice

This is the faith
Patience to wait
When there is nothing clear
Nothing to see
Still we believe
Jesus is very near
I can not imagine what will come
But I've already made my choice
And this is where I stand
Until He moves me on
And I will listen to His voice

Could it be that He is only waiting there to see
If I will learn to love the dreams
that He has dreamed for me
Can't imagine what the future holds
But I've already made my choice
And this is where I stand
Until He moves me on
And I will listen to His voice

Twila Paris

*This is where I am right now. Waiting!

4 comments:

Sunny said...

I know. This song is just soooo good. When I hear it I turnn it up loud and just listen and then sing with the chorus.

I am glad that you know it.

GLouise said...

I love this song! And I love Twila.

I was recently reading that she waited 15 years to have her baby, primarily due to her husband's health.

Knowing that, makes the song even more meaningful to me.

Anonymous said...

*blush* havn't heard this song when I read your post I thought it was a poem and was ready to post a "ooh lovely poem" comment now I see it's a song um errr "ooh lovely song"



*but I still like it as a poem*

Sunny said...

That is awesome to know about her struggles. I mean not that I am glad she had them but that the song even means more.

J no worries about not knowing the song and thinking it was a poem. She is a Christian artist but more old school.

It just really says it all!