Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Old Woman

A couple of day ago on the news I quickly saw a nice little news blurb. I went in search for it to share more in detail but I couldn't find it at all. So now it is hearsay from me.

A 65ish year old woman gives birth to a baby. She has been married to the father for the past 7 years. She has 10 children from her previous marriage. She wanted to create life with her new husband. They had 'treatments' in order to have this child.

When seeing the new mother and hearing of the story I was just really disturbed and bothered. Did she need this child? Why did she have a child at that age and 10 others from before and I haven't been able to have just one?

I say all of this for all of you out there. I am sure you were hot too. Is it right? Is it fair? Should I even ask those questions?

3 comments:

Jo said...

It's so normal and natural to have that reaction. I do that all the time. Maybe it's mind games, I don't know.

Larisa said...

Sorry about the negative.

It doesn't feel fair...but then I wonder the same thing? But what RE would help this woman? I don't know the answer.

southern peach said...

I know it's frustrating and unfair...and totally understandable that you feel the way you feel.
Just keep praying for your little miracle, and for God to help you deal with things until the day comes when you are the mommmy! :) I'll keep you in my prayers :)
*hugs*