Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Making It

Just wanted to pop in to let everyone know that I am making it.

My days are long.

I have a cold.

Yesterday was very emotional.

I heard "How was your summer?" over 50 times.

I lied in each response.

I have a pregnant girl on my team due just a couple of weeks before I would have been.

She drove me crazy at first.

She is growing on me.

I am exhausted.

I am just coasting.

Barely making it.

I told my administration.

She was helpful and very glad that I confined in her.

I cried off and on all day yesterday.

Today I was numb.

I will make it!

5 comments:

DSV said...

Hello.
I came across your blog yesterday. After a long time trying for a baby, we finally tested positive and the doctors confirmed the baby was due on March 19th, 2007.
Unfortunately, during our 8th week checkup, we didn't hear the heartbeat ... I miscarried 2 weeks ago (10th week)
This week would have been the 12th week .. after which we would have proudly announced to our friends.
I can relate to every word you have written.. thank you for sharing. I also know no words can make the raw wounds feel better.. everyone tells me time will heal.
I must say though, I had the same comment regarding the pads. Only a man could have come up with 'Have a Happy Period!'
Take care!

Sunny said...

WOW dsv, It sounds like we just experienced the same thing. I can't believe you were due the day before me and also lost your little angle at 8 weeks. I feel like we are kindred spirits.

Thank you for posting your story. Do you have a blog? I would love to keep up with you and how you are doing.

thewhites9702 said...

yes you will make it! stay strong my friend! and i'm here for you! i miss you - why do you have to go back to work?!! i miss our chats during the day! :-)

Jay said...

I hope you begin to have more better days as time goes on.
(((hugs)))

theoneliner said...

Nothing about this is easy, is it?
It just sucks sometimes. IF is such a roller coaster....you're thrilled one minute and sadder than you've ever been in your entire life the next.

Its too much, really.

Its inspiring that you are honest with people...i think its good for you and them.


Take care of you.

christina